Sunday, April 22, 2007

Post No. 3

(When in doubt, go with a serial number...)
Last week, I was on vacation! Which means, basically that I cut myself off from all forms of communication and contact with the outside world. So, no entry last week. (That, and the fact that our hotel had no wireless...) As a result, I have lots of haiku. Lots and lots of haiku.
..........
trying to whistle,
I make only
the sound of wind
..........

among the cigarette buts,
the white crocus
blooms
..........

walking to school...
for the first time,
I hear the silence
..........

relentless rain...
my shoes
aren't waterproof
.........

in her illness,
empty soup cans
multiply
..........

the night before vacation,
doing laundry
..........

outside the cafe
it's too windy
for a book
..........

in our absence,
Spring
has come
.........

behind
the toy store,
the graveyard

No comments: